We all lose focus.
It is hard to be “on” all the time.
I’m a business owner. I’m a business coach. I’m a mom. I’m a wife. I’ve got a lot happening and all of this can cause me to lose focus in my business. LIFE gets in the way, right?!
How can we guide ourselves to motivation? What can we do for ourselves (or our clients) to stay focus and inspired. What are some ideas that can get us creative again.
Dorien and I hosted a BLAB (our SmallBizBlabz: Wednesdays @1pm ET) and chatted about what we do to motivate ourselves, how we motivate each other and 5 proven ways to get back in love with your business.
See out Blab Replay Here: http://bit.ly/MotivateReplay
Looking for guidance? Take our advice and you can practice what we preach!
1. Remember Your Goals
- Why you are here…more customers, more revenue, more vacations, more time with family
- What is your Mantra? An inspirational quote, positive statement and read it daily.
- Look at your vision board – keep it close to where you work and revisit the words or images that have inspired your business goals
2. Schedule Breaks & Set Boundaries
- Schedule and take time to step away from your business – a few times during your work day
- Take kids to the park, take the dog for a walk
- Listen to that song to get your mojo back
- Practice self-care: stretching, meditating
- Set rules so you are productive when working
- Set limits – evenings and weekends (time with loved ones) are not negotiable
3. Find Support
- Seek out people to help motivate you
- People who are as invested in your business as you are (or maybe more!)
- Someone to hold you accountable
- Accountability partner works for all parties involved
4. Check-in and Check-out your Environment
- Evaluate the space
- Try different locations: conference room, cubicle, co-work space, coffee shop, library
- Give your workspace some love: flowers or move near a window for better lighting, add a lamp, balance ball instead of stiff desk chair
- Standing desk vs. sitting desk
- Try background music to motivate you
- Don’t let your equipment be a source of frustration: update phone/computers/internet providers
5. Use Incentives (aka BRIBES!)
- Something to look forward to (coffee/manicure/new accesosry or toy)
- Lunch/coffee date with friends
- A long overdue work-out or a midday run
- Time alone with a good book.
What tactics do you use to get inspired to get back to work? Share with me in the comments below!
One Final thought…..
Full speed all the time doesn’t work. It’s impossible to stay at that level and not get run down. Slow and steady wins the race every time and keeps you consistently in the heads of your customers so when they need you, you will be there.